Our hope is for this site to be a inspiration to everyone that comes across it. We have been married for 18 years and together for 25+ years. With that said we have been through a lot and felt it our duty to share some things with other married couples that hopefully will save or strengthen others marriages. God bless you and your family!

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Continue to Date Your Spouse



Sometimes we get so busy with day to day life, that we forget the very things that connected us in the first place. There is a misconception that dating stops once you put a ring on. That couldn't be further from the truth. It is essential to have a date night with your spouse often to maintain that love and communication with one another. For your relationship it may be once a month, every two weeks or once a week you make that decision. The important thing is that you make it a priority to spend time with one another where there is no one else in the room just you and your spouse. I mean that's what it should seem like because you're so entangled in each others presence and that it's creating memories for years to come that you will look back on and smile.





Remember the date does not have to be the man's plan, women we have some very creative ideas that will put a smile on our man's face. And if you're not creative google romantic date ideas, or fun date ideas google is your friend use it if necessary. Everything you did to get that mate was a requirement it does not stop there. Sometimes you have to push rewind because that's what worked. I know for me I love when my husband puts on clothes and smells good so I want a date night just because of that because it takes me back to our dating days before marriage and I remember when he use to make sure he looked and smelled good before coming to my house. Y'all know what I'm talking about I love when we are able to recreate those special moments that remind us why we fell for that person.

For me and my hubby we do date night once a week sometimes twice a week. We take our marriage serious and want to do everything possible to ensure that we make it last for a lifetime. Date night/day helps strengthen your marriage in so many ways. It certainly helps with communication and if you play your cards right it can help in the bedroom and you get lucky after date night at home.



Date night does not have to be elaborate it can be as simple as a walk in the park and you all swing on the swings and maybe act like kids taking it back to when you were carefree, but the best part now is that you share life with a wonderful partner. My husband and I love doing date night on a budget so I'm always looking for coupons or deals, it's not about the money it's about the time spent and the memories we make with one another.

My prayer is that this helps those married couples that come across it and put it into action and your marriage is strengthen and made better. Love flows through a marriage that lives up to mutual responsibility. “Love is not self seeking, it’s not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong.” (1 Corinthians 13:5 )



Kiss every chance you get. Hug him like you mean it! Having a goal helps us make choices that free us. What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment