Our hope is for this site to be a inspiration to everyone that comes across it. We have been married for 18 years and together for 25+ years. With that said we have been through a lot and felt it our duty to share some things with other married couples that hopefully will save or strengthen others marriages. God bless you and your family!

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.


Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This is where it gets a lil tricky

Mr. Jackson's view: I was excited and nervous all at the same time. It's my first time out of Miami, FL not knowing what was in my path I was off to college; heading to Knoxville, TN. It took 24 hours on Greyhound being that I fell asleep and missed my stop. I was traveling alone boy oh boy so many memories of my life going thru my head. It was a bitter sweet ride, it was August 1991 and I was picked up by my college defensive end coach. On the van I saw some of my high school teammates oh yeah I was feeling good then. College life WOW the hype the campus life the girls the women football alright alright come down. After a couple weeks on campus this girl appeared on campus with a few other girls, my boys was like what you wanna do Clea? I told them I told y'all I'm being faithful this time around. I had left my new girlfriend back home in Miami you remember the one that I hooked up with after high school graduation Literally after the ceremony. I told her before I left Miami that I was going to be true to her. Anyway back to this girl on campus, I told myself that I'll introduce myself to be friendly plus I couldn't let my boys talk about me all day. So she asked me the world's famous question..Do you have a girlfriend? What y'all think I said? By the time December came my girl in Miami, come to find out was missing she had stop calling, writing, being home when I called. I wish I had a cellphone back then LOL I would've caught her butt in some more lies. Here it is I told this girl that I had a girlfriend back home when we met in August. Boy oh boy I couldn't wait to get back home for Christmas break she owed me playing Clea for a duck.

To my surprise or should I say relief when I got home I saw this pretty fly chick walk outside her house going to a car. Hold up, hold up that can't be her hold up, hold up, boy oh boy that was good day. I stepped to her with the quickness you live here I asked with the smoothest voice I could come up with. She said yes I was like Yes to myself this was going to be an interesting Christmas break. Did I say she was hott, the prettiest brown skin ever, sizzling. I had to go for the gusto...I asked her what's up with me and you I had done forgot all about what's her name. But Lil Red that's what I called her responded by saying when you get home for good then holla at me. I don't do long distance relationships. I enjoyed watching her lips moving so what you mean? You heard what I said was her reply. Alright I respect that I'll see ya.


Mrs. Jackson's view: After our reunion chance encounter at the gym it would be a couple of months before we see each other again. I would have never thought in a million years that we would continue to dip in and out of each others lives like this. One thing is certain now is that we were truly meant to be together. As life would have it we came across each others path yet again and this time he was making his interest known. Who would have guessed in all the places to live in Miami my parents would choose to live next door to this guy who I seem to continue to run into. Well that's exactly what happen my family ended up living next door to Mr. Jackson, but of course at the time I had no idea. He was away at school in Tennessee when we moved in, but of course once he came home for a break we saw each other. I'm about to leave the house and he was outside he came over and was like you live here now. My reply was yes and then he stated I live next door we need to hang out. I was playing hard to get I was like are you going back to school. He replied yes I said OK then let's see when you come home for good if were both available at that time. I don't do long distance relationships, because you don't know what I'm doing here and I don't know what you're doing there. So when you come home for good come see me then. So once again we part.....

Kiss every chance you get. Hug him like you mean it! Having a goal helps us make choices that free us. What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE.

No comments:

Post a Comment