Our hope is for this site to be a inspiration to everyone that comes across it. We have been married for 18 years and together for 25+ years. With that said we have been through a lot and felt it our duty to share some things with other married couples that hopefully will save or strengthen others marriages. God bless you and your family!

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.


Sunday, September 8, 2013

5 Powerful Tips to A Successful Marriage

I wanted to come and take a minute to wrote a post about maintaining a successful marriage for years to come. Me and my husband Cleavon have been married for what will be 14 years this November. But we have had the pleasure of sharing each other lives for more than 20 years. We have been pledged to find each other and know that we are what God designed in soul mates it's not to brag but when God has joined it and predestined it the blessings are amazing..

I know that everyone when considering marriage thinks to themselves what does it take to make a marriage have longevity and not just that but still be able to stand each other year after year. And to be honest I didn't always feel like me and my husband were going to make it, and I'm sure if you're honest with yourself you can say the same. But the difference between a thought and reality is that I was committed to success in my marriage and committed to do whatever it required for us to be the example to our children of what it meant to be totally committed and sold out for another person. I decided from the beginning that there was no one else that was in this world for me. It took my other half a while to realize that he had his wife in his midst all he had to do was ask and it would have been a YES at the top of my lungs. LOL.

What I want to share is that it's not always going to be easy but you have to make up in your head and heart that no matter what this is going to work and I'm going to do my part to ensure it will. So with that being said here are 5 thing that me and my husband implement in our marriage and it has certainly meant the world to us going forward in harmony..

.

1. Always keep God as the third cord in your marriage because with out God your marriage is sure headed to disaster. If you are having a issue with you spouse instead of complaining to your partner about it take it to God in prayer and allow your Father to correct what needs to be corrected instead of nagging or complaining to your partner. That's a sure fire why to keep peace in the home and the devil out of your union..

2. Date one another just because you said I do does not mean that the romance is over. You have to still make time for one another where it's just time for the 2 of you to just be in each others presence. It does not always have to be a night out on the town either, as you all begin to do this on a weekly basis you will see it is not about the place as much as the person that you're with. And don't get me wrong it is always a plus to sweep her/him off their feet with a romantic date or getaway and will certainly earn your brownie points for later..

3. Communication is a big part of any marriage without it you're not going to be able to do it. Most people think that communication means talking but no that's not at all what communication means. It's being able to talk with one other one at a time and the other truly listening to what the other has to say clear of their comeback to what is being expressed. Now if you both master this you will have a line of communication that will allow you to thrive for years to come. Because remember when it's all said and done you took vows to love this person for better or worse, richer or poorer etc. so take that vow serious and take the time to sit down and really communicate with one another..

4. Never go to bed upset with one another this is something that me and my husband vowed to each other from the very beginning. When you go to bed upset with one other all that does is create strife in the home which leads to a very long night. Trust me I know I'm speaking from experience because yes sometimes I allowed myself to be so upset that I did not want to talk or even be in the same bed with him. But what we quickly realized is that if we wanted a good nights rest let's straighten this out now and that it's not solving anything by going to bed mad. The only thing that resulted in is time to thinking about if this is what I have to look forward to and do I want to deal with this. So in order to kill all that quickly admit your part in the disagreement and forgive and move on to continuing to grow with each other..

5. Learn how to compromise with one other you are not always going to get your way in life or in marriage. This was a big thing for me because I was raised as the baby of the family and was use to getting my way. This is also a part of maturing in life as the bible states when I was a child I acted as a child, well now you're an adult and you have to grow up. I'm not saying that you always have to be the one to compromise it should be shared because you are no longer two your are now one and that is how you should be acting. .

I can go on and on with great tips that have allowed me and my husband to be the best of friends and be more in love with one another today then when we got married. But that's all I will share for now but please do come back and check out my blog for I will be sharing more valuable information that I hope you will take and implement into your marriages to have a love story like no other and be able to be an example of the couple God created marriage to look like..

Kiss every chance you get. Hug him like you mean it! Having a goal helps us make choices that free us. What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE.
.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Message (MSG) 3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love. Love never gives up..

Love cares more for others than for self..

Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have..

Love doesn’t strut,.

Doesn’t have a swelled head,.

Doesn’t force itself on others,.

Isn’t always “me first,” .

Doesn’t fly off the handle,.

Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,.

Doesn’t revel when others grovel,.

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,.

Puts up with anything,.

Trusts God always,.

Always looks for the best,.

Never looks back,.

But keeps going to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment